Available on the Adventist Learning Community
Transitioning to a standards-based classroom is a major change but one that is highly beneficial for both teachers and students. Rather than focusing on abstractions and theories, this on-site session provides teachers, and those who guide change in their classrooms, with practical, hands-on strategies and advice for shifting to standards-based learning.
This course is password protected. Retrieve the password from the AE Dashboard.
If you have trouble logging in to AE Dashboard, please contact your Conference Superintendent.
After completing this training course, you will earn 0.6 CEUs and a certificate of completion in your Adventist Learning Community e-portfolio.
What will I learn in this course?
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of standards and proficiency scales in a standards-based classroom.
- Review how to apply standards-based procedures for planning and delivering instruction.
- Learn effective ways for students to set goals and track their progress.
- Discover how to use proficiency scales as the basis of creating and scoring quality classroom assessments.
- Acquire strategies for configuring grades in a thoughtful manner and communicating them effectively.
About the Instructor
Philip B. Warrick, EdD, is an author and consultant and has worked globally in the areas of school leadership, instruction, collaborative practices, and grading.