It has been established that Union Conference Offices of Education are the “gatekeepers” in providing access to Encounter Bible materials and resources. In addition, the Union Conference Offices of Education will host Encounter Bible trainings for its Bible teachers as needed, and/or guide them to training videos/modules on Adventist Learning Community (ALC).
To teach Bible in the Adventist system, using Encounter materials and resources, the Bible teacher must be actively employed in an NAD school and have received Encounter training in one or more of the following ways:
- Methods course at college or university that has an Encounter component
- Direct instruction from an Encounter trainer
- Completing Encounter modules in the ALC
Union Conference Offices of Education must
- Obtain verification of training.
- Create new ID account(s) for any trained individual not already in the User Manager.
- Check each new trained individual as Elementary Trained and/or Secondary Trained in the Dashboard User Manager.
- Login and password for Encounter curriculum is the same as the AE Dashboard
- Access to the curriculum is contingent upon these components in the educator’s AE Dashboard account:
- an active teaching role
- working email
- verification of training
NOTE: Access to Encounter curriculum begins and ends according to the AE Dashboard roles beginning and ending. Logins update when emails are updated.