The vision for Data Rollup was born out of a desire to continue to empower schools, conferences, and unions to choose SIS systems that meet their unique needs, while complying with state and government reporting requirements. While requirements vary state to state, a selection of reports have become standard requirements for private, denominational or parochial schools. The reports include:
- Opening Report
- Closing Report
- Record of Attendance
- Cumulative Student Record
- Report Cards
- Academy Transcripts
Additionally, Data Rollup optimizes the delivery and storage of reports, removing the physical Bluebook/Register and empowering schools, conferences, and unions with the ability to access reports immediately in PDF format and store them digitally.
Data Rollup is built on two pillars:
The data imported would
not be modified without voted permission from Union Directors
- Data Rollup is a reporting tool, period. There is no way to alter imported data at the school level. (Reports are generated from imported data with the exception of optional data entry for opening and closing reports.)
- Imported data is not used for ANY other purpose than to run the reports built in Data Rollup. Any other use must be voted by the Union Directors. (example: Physical Genesis and online accreditation report)
- Student/Teacher sensitive data can be saved only as PDF files.
Ensure that access to data is
authorized based on student, teacher, and school relationships
- Authentication, access to the Data Rollup tool, is controlled by the Conference. Entrance to the Data Rollup tool is only gained by logging into the Adventist Education Dashboard. This access is controlled by the Conference, who actively manages those users who are employed by the conference represented. At any time a superintendent can end the access, ensuring data is secure in the instance an educator may be terminated.
- Imported data controls access based on a simple, effective dependency schema. In other words, if I am a teacher I am only able to see data from students associated to my classrooms. If I am a principal, I am only able to see data from students, whose teachers belong to my school. And, if I am a superintendent, I can only see data from students, whose teachers belongs to a school that is in my conference.
- Authorization to run reports is determined by Union Directors. Authorization to run a particular report, while governed by Union Directors, is managed by the User Manager app on the AE Dashboard. Users are assigned roles, typically based on employment. These roles provide access to specific sets of reports.